'Fernvale - A Place to Learn and grow'
At Fernvale we take pride in valuing and celebrating the individuality of each child and the contribution they make to the Fernvale family. We provide children with the opportunities and skills to be life-long learners. Through our school values, we help each child develop knowledge and understanding as well as having a positive attitude towards themselves and others to enable them to enjoy a successful life in school and beyond.
We are committed to giving our children the opportunity to succeed and to reach the highest level of personal and academic achievement. We celebrate their successes and achievements along the way.
Our approach is respectful and kind where each individual and contribution is valued. We feel that it is important that all members of our community, teachers, parents, and pupils challenge themselves to be the best they can be as Fernvale is a place for us all to learn and grow. Children’s learning is at the heart of everything we do.
- To provide a challenging, stimulating, and rewarding place for children and staff to learn and work.
- To create a safe and nurturing environment that fosters the wellbeing of children and staff.
- To encourage children to be lifelong learners and caring members of the community and prepare them to be good citizens in a multicultural society.
- To equip children with the independence, resilience, and confidence to apply their knowledge to the real world.
- To provide a range of experiences that support our children’s physical, intellectual, emotional, cultural, and creative development.
- To develop children’s communication skills and for them to use ICT confidently as part of their learning.
- To set suitable learning challenges and use varied learning styles.
- To provide an inclusive curriculum that gives our children the opportunity to achieve the highest of standards regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, ability, or background.
- To create a secure environment in which children’s moral, spiritual and emotional needs are met.
- To provide a rich, varied and up-to-date range of learning resources.
- To strive for continuous improvement in all we do through staff development and effective leadership and management.